TNT Artspirations Web Site

Thursday 20 January 2022

I’m Not a Slacker

 Hello friends,

It’s been more than a month since I last posted, but I want to assure you that I haven’t been lazy. I’m thinking of the movie, “What about Bob?” Where Bill Murray says, “I’m not a slacker. I’m doing the work. I’m baby-stepping.”

Well, the last month seems more like striding than baby stepping. It has been very busy and productive.

If I go back a bit, I won NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) for the first time ever, writing 50,000 words of my next novel in that month alone.

In December, Terry and I launched “Christian Art Creations”. This is something we've prayed about and planned for the last 2-3 years. Originally, our idea was to build something like Etsy but for creatives who are Christians. We didn’t have the resources (maybe in time) to do that, so we made it into an online catalogue. Visitors can search by category or browse the whole catalogue. When they find something they like, they can go to the artist's profile page to get their personal contact information. 

We have a growing selection of art and books. We are hoping to soon populate our other categories with worship flags, journals, fashion, baby items, jewelry, and items for the home. We even have a category for creative services such as photography, animation, illustration, etc. 

Terry is in the process of updating our own web site, “TNT Artspirations”. We are creating a new body of work that combines our skills of wood sculpture and encaustic painting. We are calling this new body of work, “Beauty from Ash” but I tell you more about that at another time.

Of course, I've been doing revisions on my first draft of “Out of Hiding”, which will be Book 3 in my “Tales of Ellmoria” series. I plan to release it sometime in February.

So you see, I really am not a slacker. LOL.

I hope you are all doing well and keeping healthy. 

Hugs and smiles,

Teresa


No comments: