TNT Artspirations Web Site

Thursday 23 September 2021

ACCEPTED - Journal Page

 Hello Friends,

Do you ever feel down, like I do sometimes? Are you ever desperate for a good cry, but the tears just won't come?

The last couple of days have been like that for me. No matter how much I prayed, wrote in my journal, or read my bible, I couldn't throw off the weight that sat like a boulder on my back.

I had other work to do, but I knew I needed to work through these feelings first.

So, I put on some beautiful instrumental music and started gluing things to a page. After a few layers, I softened everything with white gesso. I added some circles with an empty tape roll that was on my desk and painted them. Then I went through my stencils and chose a few that spoke to my mood. I also chose the word, "accepted" because I know God accepts me just where I am at.

Here is the finished page:

Between the words describing my mood, I added a cross because Jesus knows all about suffering and he never leaves me alone.

Without realizing it, I stenciled the bowed figure so it looks like she is carrying the weight of the world. I later added gold on the hair and feet because the sufferings we bring to God  become treasures of comfort that we can carry to others who are hurting.

I added a gold crown and swirl to the word "accepted" because, by bringing my fragile feelings to God, He lifted me above them and gave me a victor's crown. 

I wasn't sure whether I should share this page or not. We all like to show our best faces to the online world. But it's fact of life - sometimes we're sad or scared. Sometimes we need to find our way back to joy. I found my way today. 

Blessing hugs,

Teresa



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Teresa.....great tips on how to get yourself out of a funk.
Hope you're feeling better xxx

Valerie-Jael said...

Art and music are good mediums to work through sadness or being down. Your page is beautiful, and I hope that putting your feelings onto the paper helped. look after yourself, hugs, Valerie

Linda Pope said...

Beautifully expressed artistically & literally! A good encouragement & reminder of our value in God's eyes.