TNT Artspirations Web Site

Sunday 22 March 2015

Oh Happy Day

Hello Friends,

It's another Snow Storm Sunday here on Prince Edward Island. Our church actually opened, but with our driveway blocked and us still not quite over colds, we decided to stay home. So I put my I-Tunes on shuffle and started playing with my paper scraps, leftover from yesterday's projects.

The Sunday CAS challenge over at The Outlawz has the theme "Happy" this week. We are to make a CAS design that represents something that makes us happy. My card shows two things that make me smile - birds and finding unique ways to use up paper scraps, especially tiny ones.
Yesterday I cut some papers into 1/4 inch strips. I made 3 panels with the strips and had a few bits leftover. I fringed and curled the yellow strips for grass and used the green strips to make a tree. The theme of the challenge suggested the sentiment to me.
I cut the red strips into triangles and they became leaves for my tree. The pink paper made flying birds. There was a significant sized piece leftover so I created another bird to sit in my tree. I popped it up and defined the eye a little.
I used one of the panels I created yesterday to decorate the inside of my card. For this one, I glued the strips diagonally on a piece of cardstock. I also embossed this. Did I give this sentiment to you already? I think so, but I'll put it here again for anyone who didn't get it earlier.
I cut the Happy Birthday separately from the main verse. There is enough space between that you can do that if you want to.
Thanks for dropping by. I hope you are having a happy Sunday.

Hugs & smiles,
Teresa
Challenges:
Hiding in my Craft Room - Embossing (inside of card)
Blogger's Challenge - Outdoors
Brown Sugar - anything goes
QKR Stampede - think Spring
The Outlawz CAS challenge - Happy, CAS
Time Out Challenge - CAS

13 comments:

Cookie said...

WHAT A FANTASTIC CAS, LOVE THE IDEA OF USING UP BITS OF PAPER, THE COLOURS ARE FAB AND I LOVE THE TREE AND BIRDS, WONDERFUL XXX

Valerie-Jael said...

Great card, what a wonderful way to use up little scraps. Sorry about the snow again, stay warm and safe, hugs, Valerie

Sherri said...

Extremely clever idea & I love the bright colors of your papers! Thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stampede for the weekly challenge!

Penny said...

Teresa, this is the most adorable CAS card! What a fun scene you created with colorful paper! Love that! Great interior, too! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Judy said...

Hey Teresa,

Love your card hun. Nice an bright colors, and so uplifting.

Thank you, love, for stopping by my blog. You are so very sweet!

xx

Crafting With Jack said...

You are full of great ideas!

NanaConnie said...

WOW, Teresa! How wonderfully creative, my friend. It's such as perfect, happy, spring card. We're going to be 20 degrees above normal today, and that will serve my garden well. :-D

Bernardine Cuttino said...

This is very creative, just love how you made the birds and tree. In fact the whole composition is simply magnificent.
Blessings
Berni

cass said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar this week for our "Anything Goes" challenge

Sue's Paper Crafts said...

Great card, wonderful technique to make the tree. Good embossing, colors and sentiment. Thank you for joining us this week at HIMCR.

Sue - HIMCR DT
http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

Gerrina said...

Such a neautiful way to use snippits! All the birds look great; I almost missed the one in the tree... Thank you for taking the TIME OUT and join us!

Anita in France said...

What a fabulously original and fun use of your little snippets, Teresa ... such a sweet scene with so much interest! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

Lena said...

What a great and fun way to use up your scraps. It made such a bright and happy card. Love it.
Thanks for joining in the fun at Hiding in My Craft Room.
♥ Lena – DT
Lena’s Creations