TNT Artspirations Web Site

Tuesday 26 January 2021

Son of Abeilhe Cover Art

 Hello Friends,

Son of Abeilhe (Book 2: Tales of Ellmoria) is ready to be published, but I wasn't keen on any of the cover art available. I decided to give a go at creating my own.

Doing a background scenery painting shouldn't be too difficult, but I wanted a picture of the main character, Auberon, on the front cover. I usually like to sketch female faces, so I've been practicing all week at sketching men. 

Yesterday I spent quite a bit of time on Pinterest, studying men's faces. I printed out a number of them, plus one of a woman with feathers in her hair. I wanted Auberon to have braids and feathers, so both were important. I also wanted him to have a bronze skin tone, bright blue eyes, and to be handsome. I'm glad Terry was not insecure about me pouring over photos of handsome men most of the day.


 Today and yesterday I watched several videos on drawing/painting hair, braids & faces. I did a quick sketch last night of Auberon's face shape, using the photo in the foreground. Today I did enough of the sketch that I think I'm nearly ready to trace it onto watercolour paper and start painting. I used a hodge-podge of features from the various photos, plus some from my imagination to come up with the cursory sketch below.

I'm not concerned with doing all the shading since I plan to do that with paint. I did just a loose sketch of the hair and the feather. I hope you can see them. The braids were the tricky part so I added more detail there.

Son of Abeilhe will be available on Amazon worldwide by February 19, 2021.

Thanks for stopping by.

hugs & smiles,

Teresa

1 comment:

Valerie-Jael said...

It looks really good! Hugs, Valerie