TNT Artspirations Web Site

Friday 2 July 2021

JUNK JOURNALING FUN

 Hello Friends,

What is a junk journal, you may ask, as I did. Well, these beautiful little journals got their unattractive name because they tend to be made with recycled materials, such as paper bags, envelopes, or other 'junk'.

A few weeks ago I posted pictures of a journal I made from box-board. Something wonderful happened as I started to use it. Writing in the odd little spaces sparked my creativity. As I wrote in half-circles, vertically, or on tags inserted into pockets, I started getting ideas for stories or art pieces. And so began my junk journaling binge.


Recently I discovered a group on Facebook called Junk Journaling for Everyone. I eagerly asked to join. I soon discovered their "Big Bite Challenge", which had just begun. I think the idea is to have a completed journal by the end of the challenge (the Big Bite), but there are several "Mini Chomp" challenges along the way. You can join any number of those, without obligation to complete the other Mini Chomp challenges.

The first Mini Chomp was to make three vintage-style tags and three journal cards. Here are mine:

The 2nd Mini Chomp was to make six A4 (printer page) signature pages. A signature page is simply a page folded in half. Folded pages are layered inside each other, forming a signature, which is sewn into your journal.

Here are my six pages. I've shown only the front side of each. I left the insides and backs fairly plain as spaces for writing. They have Washi tape and ink stenciling, the same as the backgrounds of the page fronts shown.




Thanks for dropping in. I'd love to hear about your junk journaling adventures. 

 

Hugs & smiles,

Teresa

 

P.S. - If you previously subscribed to this blog using Blogger, it is no longer available. Please take a moment to e-mail subscribe using the box at the top of the sidebar, so you don't miss a post. Thanks.

1 comment:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous piece. Junk journaling is always fun! Love what you have made! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie