TNT Artspirations Web Site

Wednesday 1 April 2015

A Little Bit of Magic

Hello Friends,

I was trying to come up something for this week's colour challenge at The Outlawz and I decided to try to paint a pansy like in the inspiration photo.

 I started with water colour pencils, but it wasn't going so well. One of the pencils simply would not liquify. I added in some water colour crayons and Gelatos. I even got in there with my Prisma colour pencils. All the while, I kept picturing a little fairy within the petals and I finally decided to just go for it. I used a Sharpie pen for her face and hair. Then I added accents to her hair and dress with white and gold gel pens. I even finger-dabbed on some white acrylic paint in a few spots.

The result? A little weird, but I'm rather a fan of weird so that is okay with me.
This week's colour challenge is to use magenta and two other colours from the photo. I went with green and purple.
I made this little flower ages ago out of a tiny scrap of paper I absolutely adored. It goes so well with this colour combo I just had to include it in the design, along with some die cut leaves.
This sentiment stamp is from a SU Fairy stamp set. I thought it went perfectly with my little pansy turned fairy painting.
This week's challenge, besides the colour palette, is to choose our own twist. Mine is mixed media magic.
Thanks for dropping in. I hope you like my silly little fairy and my card design.

Hugs & Smiles, \o/ :-)
Teresa

Challenges:
The Outlawz Color Challenge - Magenta, green & purple; mixed media magic
Through the Craft Room Door - anything goes
Creative Crew - handmade flowers
Everybody Art Challenge - anything goes
Paper Minutes - buttons
Party Time Tuesdays - anything goes
Craft Hoarders Anonymous - Go Green (hoarded flower)
Crafting from the Heart - anything goes
Craft your Passion - anything goes
Make My Monday - flowers


15 comments:

ursula Uphof said...

Oh Teresa, I just love your fairy pansy. It is gorgeous. We have just planted about 60 pansy plants in our garden. They do very well in the winter months and I will be looking for some fairies out there LOL. Hugs and have a Blessed Easter. Ursula

Valerie-Jael said...

Oh well done, your pansy turned out really well. Love the colours, too. Hugs, Valerie

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful Teresa the flower is a work of art.
Happy Easter my Friend
Kevin xx

Crafting With Jack said...

Delete that word silly! I think it is very clever idea xx

Desire Fourie said...

Just so beautifully drawn and coloured Teresa. Love the leaf and flower spray.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Karon said...

Oh my goodness - WOW! Stunning! Happy Easter.

NanaConnie said...

Beautiful color combo, Teresa! Love the face in the pansy face. :-D Hope this posts. Being punted off line every 5 minutes has resulted in many of my comments being lost. Hugz

Patricia St Martin said...

Love your pansy and you darling fairy. Also really like your flower you folded, turned out nice.
Hugs, Pat/♥

Marina said...

Oh yes, I can see the fairy! How cute. And beautiful colours. Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday. Marina DT

Dana Desmond said...

So beautiful. I love that the paper flower matches the colored flower. Thank you for playing along over at Creative Card Crew.

Deonna B said...

Beautiful! Great take on the photo inspiration. Thank you for sharing your work with us at TTCRD this week. Come and join us again tomorrow for our new Anything Goes challenge. You can visit me at: ialwayslovetomakecards.blogspot.com

creative lady said...

Beautiful flower, you did a wonderful job of painting the pansy! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Pammejo said...

Fabulous painted pansy... Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog.

Gloria Stengel said...

Love the bright colors and the lovely painted effect of this! Thanks for playing in our final challenge at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Penny said...

Beautiful, Teresa! Love the fairy, the colors you used, and the fab sentiment. Another work of art! :^)
Hugs, Penny