TNT Artspirations Web Site

Friday 30 July 2021

BEET-DYED PAPERS & EARWIG POOL PARTY

 Hello Friends,

We had beets for supper last night and I reserved the juice to dye a batch of papers. When I went to check on them later in the evening, I had some uninvited guests. I'd forgotten to put the lid on my soaking tray and a bunch of earwigs decided to have a pool party. 

You should have seen them with their sunglasses, floaties, and straws dipped into the juice, slurping it up. I wish they were that cute. Those things creep me out. No pictures of those critters, folks. You didn't really want to see their stomped, crushed, broken little bodies, did you?

Here are the papers I made. I used my hair dryer on them, rather than leaving them to air dry and attracting more partiers. I popped a couple of doilies between the wet papers and love the ghost impressions they made. I also got an accidental image transfer of a map of PEI.








Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend.

hugs & smiles,

Teresa

1 comment:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful way to dye things. But with earwigs, oh no! I think I would have yelled! Your results are lovely though. It's bedtime here now, so I wish ou a good night! Hugs, Valerie