TNT Artspirations Web Site

Saturday 11 September 2021

A promise of peace.

 Hello Friends,

Today marks the anniversary of the terrorist attack on NYC and the collapse of the the twin towers.

I remember that day well. We had a clock radio at the time. Remember those? I awoke to hearing the news report and thinking it was either a dramatization or a horrible dream.

Everyone around was in shock and feeling traumatized. I lived in a border town at the time and many people feared we would be targeted because of our many petro-chemical plants.

Just a day after the attacks, as Terry and I drove to our shopping district, we prayed for the peace of our city. Then Terry dropped me off at the pet shop to pick up supplies for my growing flock of pet birds.

The spray millet was not in its usual spot, so I browsed down the aisles to find it. At the end of one aisle was a glass case with three white doves. A clerk immediately appeared and I asked if I could hold one of the birds. Surprisingly, he let me. 

The dove's soft, warm body nestled into my hands as naturally as if she had always known me. A feeling of peace came over me and I knew I would not be putting her back into that glass case.

I believe the Lord answered our prayer in a very visual, special way that September day in 2001. Treasure always had a peaceful effect on everyone she met. She lived for 19 years, and nearly a year ago she flew home to Heaven, where I believe I will see her again one day.




2 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

What a beautiful story with the white dove of peace. She was really a treasure. Have a good weekend, take care, hugs, Valerie

Crafting With Jack said...

When my husband retired my last canary had died (of old age) I had quite a number at one time so we decided no more birds and got rid of the fish tanks too. It seemed unfair to ask my daughter to keep coming every day to look after my pets while we were away. We were away nearly 4 months this year. I had thought of taking a bird in a cage when we go away, but the caravan can get quite warm and thought it probably wasn’t a good idea. 19 years is a long time and I am sure you miss her. x