TNT Artspirations Web Site

Friday 3 September 2021

BIG BITE CHALLENGE - WEEK 11

 Hello Friends,

I can't believe the Big Bite Challenge at Junk Journaling for Everyone is almost over. the first part of Week 11's challenge is to make 3 altered paper clip attachments. The paper clips could be hidden or exposed. I chose to make mine hidden. Here is a how-to video and then my hidden paper clips.


 
Hidden Paper Clip #1 - Side A

Hidden Paper Clip #1 - Side B

Hidden Paper Clip #2 - Side A

Hidden Paper Clip #2 - Side B

Hidden Paper Clip #3 - Side A

Hidden Paper Clip #3 - Side B

The 2nd part of Week 11's challenge is to making 3 altered playing cards: one of a memory, one of a cause, and one of a wish. One of the playing cards had to have a cut opening on it, like a treasure box. I chose to add a treasure chest that I made with a BossCut die.

Altered Playing card - WISH - front

Altered Playing card - WISH - open (It's a secret)

Altered Playing card - WISH - back (paper-clip attachment)

I altered my next card using the 'cause' theme. My cause is to cultivate simplicity in my life - to unplug more, enjoy nature, pray, and let my mind wander.

Altered Playing card - CAUSE - front

Altered Playing card - CAUSE - back (paper-clip attachment)

The journal I'm making has a paper doll theme. Paper dolls always remind me of my sister because we used to play with them when I was little and she was a teenager. I would cut 'dolls' from the Sears catalogue and Cathy would design clothes for them. So of course I chose to honour my sister for my altered card based on 'a memory'.

Altered Playing card - MEMORY - full

Altered Playing Card - MEMORY - close-up

Thanks for stopping by. The final week of the Big Bite challenge will be to put our journals together. I will try to make a video of that for you as it would be too many photos to post. Plus, then I can show you all the tuck spots, flip-outs and hidden journaling spots.

Have a great weekend.

hugs & smiles,

Teresa

 

1 comment:

Valerie-Jael said...

I love the altered paper-clips, so pretty and vintage looking. The altered playing cards are fun, too, and great that you have remembered your sister there. I'm looking forward to seeing your finished album soon! Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie