TNT Artspirations Web Site

Friday 22 May 2015

A Special One

Hello Friends,

If you have been following, you know I am getting ready for a vendor event that takes place a week before Father's Day. I figure homemade Father's Day cards might be good sellers so I am making a supply of them. This is another easel/drawer card, but what makes this vintage design special is that I am using a print of my dad in his WWII uniform.

I am quite proud of the frame I made with two very different dies. I used an embossing folder and watermark ink; then I heat-embossed it with bronze embossing powder. I heat-embossed the back too to give it extra strength and since part of the back is visible from behind. Then I sponged brown ink over the piece to give it an aged effect. The wooden embellishment was in my stash.
I got creative with a die again on the ends of the sentiment 'plate'. I used a fancy square die and put a piece of scrap cardstock between it and my sentiment piece where I didn't want it to cut through. Then I was careful to not run it all the way through my Big Shot machine. Once cut, I heat-embossed the 'plate' and added brads that I first heat-embossed with silver embossing powder. (They were actually orange) I did the same on the brads for the drawer handle.
There are many tutorials online for easel/drawer cards. I hope you are inspired to try this design. It is not difficult, but it does use nearly two 12x12 sheets of cardstock and one 12x12 sheet of patterned paper.

Thanks for dropping by. I hope you have a great weekend.

Hugs & smiles,
Teresa

PS - Any suggestions on what I should charge for these easel/drawer cards?

Challenges:
Word Art Wednesday - anything goes
Inspiration Destination - anything goes
The Kraft Journal - vintage kraft
Little Red Wagon - die cuts
Penny's Paper Crafty - anything goes
The Outlawz Twisted Thursday - anything goes/favourite colour
The Male Room - colors

14 comments:

Golda said...

Teresa, this is absolutely wonderful! I'm not sure what you should charge, but I would think at least $10.

ursula Uphof said...

Teresa, this is a fantastic project. Love the frame, and all the other embellishments. A great photo of your Dad. I will have to make one of these, as I have never done one. Good luck with your market and have a great weekend. Hugs, Ursula

Valerie-Jael said...

Your card is wonderful, lovely idea to use the great photo of your dad. I have no idea how the pricing is over there, sorry! Hugs, Valerie

NanaConnie said...

Oh, Teresa, what a great way to use this photo of your dad! Love the frame.

Patricia St Martin said...

I love your creation!!! Love the frame, you did a wonderful job on it. Love the drawer idea.
Hugs, Pat♥

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

This is lovely, thanks for joining us at Inspiration Destination and good luck. Wendy DT x

Unknown said...

Magnificent. Thank you so much for sharing your very beautiful art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday on our 184th AGFF Challenge.
Blessings, Carole

Michelle said...

A lovely creation - great work - thank you for joining us this week at Penny's Paper-Crafty and good luck - Michelle x

Karon said...

Wonderful and love how you did the frame. TFS

Sharon said...

What a beautiful creation.
Thank you for joining us at Pennys Paper Crafty this week,I hope you'll join us again soon.
Sharon DT

Susie Moore said...

What a clever creation! Thanks for creating with us this week at Little Red Wagon Challenge Blog.

Louise van Vuren said...

Wonderful and personal.What a great masculine card. Thanks for joining us in The Male Room
Louise xx

Deborah Frings said...

This is fabulous. I love the vintage feel and the old photo of your dad is lovely. I love the texture on the frame. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room this week!

Penny said...

So fantastic! Love that photo of your dad on this creation! Really love he frame! Great design again! :^)
And I still see how much you resemble your dad! :^)
Hugs, Penny