TNT Artspirations Web Site

Friday 27 August 2021

BIG BITE CHALLENGE - WEEK 10

 Hello Friends,

It's Week 10 at the Big Bite Challenge on the Junk Journaling for Everyone group on Facebook. This week we are making clusters and snippet rolls. Many people sew their snippets, but I don't have a sewing machine. I used staples for most of the elements and then hot-glued with embellishments over the staples.

Here are my first two clusters.

The theme of the challenge is vintage. My topic is paper dolls. Here are the next two.

These bits of decoration become embellishments that you can use on your pockets, bands or pages of your journals. They are great for using up scraps. A friend gave me a bag of vintage fabric appliques years ago. I think they're great for the snippets and clusters.

Here is a video, showing the clusters made with staples.


 


This is a short snippet roll - only 4 snips. You can make yours as long as you like. The concept is the same as the clusters, but this gives you a roll that you can snip bits off for embellishments whenever you need them. Hence, the name snippets.



Rolled up

Here is a short video of a snippet roll.



Thanks for dropping by. I hope you are enjoying your week.

hugs & smiles,

Teresa

1 comment:

Valerie-Jael said...

I love the idea of the snippets and clusters, and yours are very pretty. And it's a wonderful way to use up tiny pieces, I so hate just throwing things away! I must try that! Thanks for sharing, hugs, Valerie