TNT Artspirations Web Site

Friday 20 August 2021

BIG BITE CHALLENGE - WEEK 9

 Hello Friends,

It's Week 9 of the 12-week Big Bite Challenge at Junk Journaling for Everyone and I'm still in the game. 

This week's mini chomp challenge was to make two specimen cards. These are usually done with botanicals and are clear on both sides. Since my topic is paper dolls, and the backs of my 'specimens' are blank, I only kept a front window. 


 Since this is such a short post, I thought I'd include another little project I did this week. It's a fairy house for my garden. It will get thoroughly damaged out there, so I'm second-guessing whether to put it out or not.

Front View

Right Side

Left side

Inside
I glued many silk flowers and leaves into a plastic jar cap. I planned to lay the cap flat, but it was too big, so I stood it up, concealing a little surprise. (below)

Isn't he cute? The little bear was a pin I had in my stash. I hung the bell with some twine and a push pin. It rings when the door is opened, so this shy fellow knows when someone is invading his space.

Thanks for stopping in. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs & smiles,

Teresa

PS - Garden Teddy decided to defeat his shyness - somewhat. He still likes the door shut.

I converted a bottle cap into an outdoor planter.

And filled a seashell with blooms

Garden Teddy is much happier now.


1 comment:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous specimen cards and LOVE that darling fairy box for the garden, what a fantastic idea! It really is a treasure! Thanks for sharing, have a great day, hugs, Valerie